Monday, August 29, 2011

2 Months, 19 days, 2 hours, and 31 Minutes til Breaking Dawn Part 1

If you don't know that Breaking Dawn is being released as two seperate movies, then well, let me be the one to break the news. Sadly we have to wait for Breaking Dawn: Part 2 to come out on November 16, 2012 (an extraordinarily long time from now), but when you think about it. A two-parter just makes things better.

Don't get me wrong. I, like a lot of people, wasn't excited at the prospect of waiting over a year between the parts. Even the idea of two parts wasn't exactly thrilling. I've always ranted and raved about the length of books turned movies, I have a never ending disappointment for those little scenes they cut out just in the name of turning a 400 page book into a 120 page movie script. Though admittedly, speaking as someone who loves to write,  that does seem like a daunting task for a screenwriter. It still doesn't change my opinion as a movie goer.

The one thing that helps me not be annoyed about that fact that Breaking Dawn is being released in two parts is somethings that I saw on November 19, 2010, as well as July 15, 2011. Yes, I'm talking about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Parts 1 and 2. That's right, I'm not only a Twi-hard, but also a Harry Potter maniac. (Though don't ask me to choose which I like better.) I was really nervous when I saw Deathly Hallows Part 1, and then Part 2. But turns out it was all for nothing. When I experienced just how true both movies were to the book, I was beyond thrilled. This, my friends, helps me feel better about Breaking Dawn.

I've come to the conclusion that screenwriters can produce an even better book to movie adaptation when given the oppurtunity to write two two hour scripts for a 600 some page book, It just makes sense. The more scenes to fill, the more material you can use to fill them. It's simple movie math really, lol. I don't wanna get all screenwriters workshop on you, cause I'm far from an expert, I just felt this was something I should talk about. Anywho, that's my lovely little thought about Breaking Dawn for today. Til tomorrow my lovely little vegan vampires. THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES....

p.s- if anyone out there is actually reading this, please note that there is a spot where you can comment on my posts. I'd love to hear from you, so sound off :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment